Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Friends are My Sisters

Let me introduce you to some of the best girls I have ever met! They are not only my friends, they are my sisters. (Left to Right) Chantel Tapp: my best friend since preschool and my twin! We've been friends for as long as we can remember even though we went ten years without seeing each other. At last we've been reunited! It's amazing how much our lives have changed, stayed the same, and yet we still have the connection we've always had. It's hard to believe, but she's having a baby! It's incredible to think that we were practically in diapers together and now she's going to be changing them (and I will too someday - but not for a LONG while!) I'm so glad to have my twin back in my life, and we're not letting each other go ever again! Then there's Me: I'm learning to be my own best friend! Jewel sings a song called "Stronger Woman" and she says, "I'm going to be my own best friend, Stick with me till the end, Won't lose myself again, never, no, 'Cause there's a stronger woman, A stronger woman in me." I'm learning to love myself for who I truly am underneath all the wear and tear of the years. I know what I want to study in school now, I can make my own decisions, I'm enjoying my life, and finally feeling more than comfortable with myself! Claire Vance: My friend that I literally get to call my sister pretty soon! Her mom is marrying my dad, and I could not be happier about it! I'm gaining the best sister I could ever ask for, couldn't have special ordered a better one! I definitely believe that people come into your life for a reason and Claire definitely has a special place in my heart now. I love her to pieces and every time we do something together it just brings us closer and helps me to be a better person, she'll never know the example and friend she's been to me, and I could never thank her enough. She is my friend, that I'm lucky enough to call my sister! Becca Pearson: Oh my goodness, I love this girl!!!!!! She is such a joy to be around and we are always laughing together! We're totally alike and completely ridiculous. As much fun as we have together though, I also know that she's always there to listen and never judges! We're the easy going fun pair that love to get into trouble, but not too much trouble! She is definitely a friend tied to my heart forever! Girls' Night started with just the two of us and now it's a tradition we're determined to stick to, she's helped me through a lot of rough times and our free pie nights have given me something to look forward to each week. Not pictured is Emily Jones, she lives in New York now but we've remained best friends for years! She is my BFFE (best friend for eternity) and even though we are miles apart and literally have not seen each other since 5th grade, our hearts are still connected by friendship and we still care about each other and I know she has my back with anything I need. She has 11 siblings and yet, I feel like she's made room in her heart for one more. :) She's beautiful and has always been such an example to me. I hope I can someday let her know the difference she's made in my life! All in all, these girls are my SISTERS! I love them and wouldn't replace them for anything. They are incredibly supportive, easy going, loving, fun, and simply put - there's just a bond that makes these girls my best friends, my sisters! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Ashley you are so sweet, reading that made me want to cry, I want you to know that you are so important to me. You are definitely my 6th sister!! I love you, you are an amazing person and a wonderful example!! Love ya FOREVER! -Em

    ReplyDelete